Friday, November 26, 2010

Wunderkind Spring 2011

I was originally planning another post when I came across this collection and fell quickly and madly in love with it and wanted to dedicate an entire entry to it!

I've always loved "mish-mash" type outfits, because it's so easy to look like you got into a fight with a confused clown. But when done well, I love the visual stimuli, the geometric and structural complexity, and the apparent knack required to design and style a look to appear as though it was just thrown together and works! Sometimes in  fashion, "less is more" is just not enough, and this collection is truly representational of a contradiction of this statement.

"Though the striking prints of oversize fruits and flowers were inspired by Portugal, Wolfgang Joop’s Wunderkind collection took an unexpectedly edgy turn — with their ample baby-doll dresses, paired with striped tights and sky-high platform boots, his models brought to mind a modern-day Pippi Longstocking, as seen by Tim Burton." -wwd

Loving the fantasy aspects, the colours, the gorgeous striped body stockings, the menswear and the SHOES! What are your thoughts?? Love it or hate it?

Photo credits to style.com.



Tag Follow Saffron Haze

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the inspiration, this is very cool indeed! I love the use of colors, fabrics and prints!

    if you have some spare time, check out my blog! I just wrote about my LanvinxH&M dress! even more pics than I posted on Chictopia :D
    http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveee the collectionn!

    xx
    www.fashionrnbw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The name describes it to a "t"! It looks like we have a cast for a uber chic Alice in Wonderland (my fav). All they need are animal masks. That would be a cool photoshoot/campaign for the collection, don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! what amazing pieces! And I like the tights so much!
    kiss
    http://cafe-boucle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful, I loved the pictures.
    I liked the socks.

    I loved it.
    friend kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, don't tease us with so beautiful spring/summer outfits. It's too cold yet! And Xmas is so soon!
    What about wish list? ;)

    xo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  8. The outfits are gorgeous.
    And those boys!! I want to marry them

    much sweetness,
    hope to hear from you xx
    http://flyingakite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments! I enjoy reading them all and visiting your blogs =)